Aston University is a long-running higher education institution that traces its history back to 1895. With a global reputation for quality teaching, it offers a range of courses which focus on building practical experience and entrepreneurship skills for unbeatable employability. Students benefit from the university's career-enhancing education opportunities and the many links to local and global businesses in the UK's second largest city.
Aston is located in the heart of Birmingham, offering a welcoming student lifestyle within a friendly and diverse academic community. It's home to more than 3,000 international students, representing more than 120 countries.
The university's achievements include:
- 22nd in the UK (Guardian University Guide, 2023)
- 2nd in the UK for health professions courses (Guardian University Guide, 2023)
- 6th in the UK for international relations (Guardian University Guide, 2023)
- Among 1 percent of business schools in the world to have triple accreditation
- Top 20 in the UK for Career Prospects (WhatUni Rankings, 2023)
- ‘Best University Placement Service' in the UK (National Undergraduate Awards 2022)
Student life and local area
Birmingham is a large, vibrant and exciting place to live and study. It has a lower cost of living than London, but still provides all the major benefits of a large international city.
Birmingham is a major hub for business and industry, attracting companies such as Amazon, Arup, ASOS, Balfour Beatty, BBC, Deutsche Bank, PwC, HSBC and Goldman Sachs. There are also more business startups in Birmingham than in any other UK city outside of London (Centre for Entrepreneurs (CfE), 2020).
Birmingham is a great student city and there's plenty to do when not studying, such as visiting museums, art galleries, parks, restaurants and much more. The city is located in the centre of England with easy transport routes across the UK. Birmingham airport has flights to countries all over Europe and with many long-distance links.